Big Reasons to Go:
- Clyfford Still MuseumYou’re a fan of Still’s work
- In-house art-making space with encouraging and helpful staffer
- The museum shows a progression of Still’s work – this is a great help if you don’t “get” abstract expressionism but are curious
- Quarterly rotations of the displayed works
- Great gallery rooms with beautiful lighting
- The most helpful museum staff I’ve ever met. The guards aren’t there just to scold you away when you get too close.
- They’ll fetch a chair if you want to sit and contemplate when the benches aren’t where you’d like to sit.
Find out more about it on their website, Clyfford Still Museum. I went last summer and remembered the pleasures.